Sun-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Division St. to N. 9th St., Kent Ave. to Brooklyn-Queens Expwy.
This venue is closed.
"We don't like new," says Williamsburg restaurateur Mark Firth. No kidding. Three years ago, he and partner Andrew Tarlow restored a 1927 Brooklyn diner (now Diner), preserving its quaintly dilapidated ambience while applying a veneer of hipness and-most important-assembling a talented kitchen. They can now be found, at Bonita, Firth and Tarlow's new cantina, four blocks away. In their trademark preservationist style, they've kept the former Latino lunch counter's sign trumpeting comidas criollas, the row of stools opposite the open kitchen, and a few nods to the old menu, like plantains. But cheese-dusted corn on the cob, fish tacos, and chiles rellenos, not to mention soft light flickering off multicolored tiles, set an entirely different tone.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More