Sun-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Division St. to N. 9th St., Kent Ave. to Brooklyn-Queens Expwy.
This venue is closed.
"We don't like new," says Williamsburg restaurateur Mark Firth. No kidding. Three years ago, he and partner Andrew Tarlow restored a 1927 Brooklyn diner (now Diner), preserving its quaintly dilapidated ambience while applying a veneer of hipness and-most important-assembling a talented kitchen. They can now be found, at Bonita, Firth and Tarlow's new cantina, four blocks away. In their trademark preservationist style, they've kept the former Latino lunch counter's sign trumpeting comidas criollas, the row of stools opposite the open kitchen, and a few nods to the old menu, like plantains. But cheese-dusted corn on the cob, fish tacos, and chiles rellenos, not to mention soft light flickering off multicolored tiles, set an entirely different tone.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s