Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Spring St.; C, E at Spring St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Hot Spot
- Notable Chef
- Design Standout
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This spinoff of Yann de Rochfort's successful Flatiron location of the same name, Boqueria Soho—opened in late 2008—does brisk business with small plates and tastings of imported ingredients like jamón Serrano and Catalonian goat's-milk cheese. Peckish Euros and downtown squatters armed with flutes of cava nibble Marcona almonds by a twelve-seat marble bar lining the bottleneck entryway. There's more elbow room in back at cream-leather banquettes flanked by high tables made for sharing a platoon of dishes: tortilla del día, succulent dice of charred lamb, crispy-crusted, smooth-centered mixed croquettes, and entrées including soupy rice with Ossabaw Island hog, grilled trout over lentils, and daily specials. Chefs in the anchoring open kitchen are on view from any spot in the house.Groups
Reservations are only accepted for parties of six or more.
There is a small selection of imported products (olive oils, vinegars, canned peppers, etc.) available for retail.
Bacon-wrapped dates, $7; seared lamb, $8; mixed croquettes, $10.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu