Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
8th St. to 23rd St., Second Ave. to Eighth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Though it's located at the intersection of NYU, Parsons, and the New School, Borgo Antico is more likely to be populated with tweedy professors and well-heeled couples than with students. It's the kind of place students might bring their parents. Expect to be greeted on the trattoria-like ground floor of the two-story brownstone by owner Giovanni Iovine. There you can have a casual, quick meal or a glass of wine at the bar. Up the stairs, decorated with Italian ceramic tiles, is the more formal, exposed-brick dining room, with a floor-to-ceiling window that looks out onto 13th Street, and plenty of space between tables. The regular menu includes thinly sliced carpaccio—rose-red filet mignon.Recommended Dishes
Carpaccio di manzo, $13
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu