Bo's Kitchen & Bar Room
Mon-Tue, noon-3pm and 5:30pm-10pm; Wed-Fri, noon-3pm and 5:30pm-11pm; Sat, 5:30pm-11pm; Sun, closed.
Nearby Subway Stops
F, M at 23rd St.; N, R at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
After having cooked at Kittichai and Cascabel Taqueria, and opened restaurants as eclectic as South Edison in Montauk and midtown’s Crave Fishbar, Todd Mitgang has proved himself fairly resistant to narrowly circumscribed culinary borders. Which makes him an ideal interpreter of New Orleans–style fare, perhaps America’s foremost fusion cuisine. At Bo’s, chef-partner Mitgang puts Big Easy flavors and ingredients through a New American filter in dishes like Gulf shrimp fra diavolo with creamed grits, grilled steak with Creole mustard, and a salad of Brussels-sprout leaves with autumn fruit, candied nuts, baby carrots, and buttermilk dressing. The restaurant’s name pays tribute to Andrew “Bo” Young III, son of the civil-rights activist and politician, and collaborator with co-owner Steven Kristel on this and other ventures.Note
The bar stays open until 2 a.m. Mon.-Sat.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu