- READER REVIEWS
Bourbon Street Southern Gourmet Pantry
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
- Brunch - Daily
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- No Alcohol
Morton St. to Horatio St., Seventh Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Tulip lamps, feathered masks, and a shocking pink color scheme make this Big Easy-themed gourmet shop and café feel like a drag queen's French Quarter lair. The pantry stocks Crescent City charms from beignet batter to Cajun hot sauces; the bakery boasts homemade pies, cakes, and shakes; and casual Southern-style meals are served up at a handful of tables near the front window. Entrees—crispy fried chicken breast served with “dirty” mashed potatoes doused with butter, moist meatloaf brushed with barbecue sauce—jazz up dinner. But some appetizers don’t measure up. “Mini muffalettas” are nothing more than garlic toast topped with olive salad, and fried green tomatoes are oily, soggy, and not always green. Desserts however, including terrific red velvet cupcakes and Sedutto ice creams, make every day seem like Fat Tuesday.Recommended Dishes
Fried chicken, $15.95; mac and cheese, $9.95; meatloaf, $11.95; red velvet cupcake, $4
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu