- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
J, Z at Bowery; F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Great Desserts
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Canal St. to 6th St., Essex St. to Greene St.
This venue is closed.
Having conquered pizza, Motorino's Mathieu Palombino dons the cap of diner man with Bowery Diner, an homage to both classic American eateries and French brasseries. The 130-seat space looks the diner part, with turquoise panels, abundant stainless steel, and a classic counter-and-stool setup. Palombino's menu is nostalgic, too, consisting of fare like a Reuben, double-patty burgers, and more contemporary eats and French-y stuff including steak tartare. Like the diners of yore, this one stays open late, but unlike those, here you can drink cocktails — or perhaps boozy milkshakes.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More