- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
J, Z at Bowery; F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Great Desserts
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Canal St. to 6th St., Essex St. to Greene St.
This venue is closed.
Having conquered pizza, Motorino's Mathieu Palombino dons the cap of diner man with Bowery Diner, an homage to both classic American eateries and French brasseries. The 130-seat space looks the diner part, with turquoise panels, abundant stainless steel, and a classic counter-and-stool setup. Palombino's menu is nostalgic, too, consisting of fare like a Reuben, double-patty burgers, and more contemporary eats and French-y stuff including steak tartare. Like the diners of yore, this one stays open late, but unlike those, here you can drink cocktails — or perhaps boozy milkshakes.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations