- READER REVIEWS
Brasil Coffee House
Nearby Subway Stops
7 at Vernon Blvd.-Jackson Ave.
- Kids' Menu
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Coffee is more than a muse at this Brazilian café—it’s a distinctive design element. Green and brown beans fill glass-covered tables and form a wavy mosaic on the front counter, condiments are dispensed from a curiosity cabinet showcasing antique coffee urns, and grinders have been crafted into wall sconces. It’s hard to improve upon a simple cup of coffee; the strongly brewed BCH media is a house blend topped with foam, but those who crave doctored-up caffeine have a variety of chocolate- and toffee-enhanced frappes to choose from. Dense and springy yucca coconut cake and irresistibly warm pan de queijo (gooey cheese puffs) easily outshine scones and muffins. Recreating the South American café experience at home is easy, too: Brazilian Coffee House beans are sold by the can.Recommended Dishes
Pao de queijo, $.50; BCH media, $2.10; yucca coconut cake, $3
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu