Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Exposed brick walls, mismatched vintage chairs, and simple, unadorned tables oufit the airy room at Broken English, an Italian restaurant with Roman-accented dishes. Dishes rotate seasonally; to start, you can select classics such as wine-braised meatballs and Roman-style artichokes. There’s also a raw bar, which features four seasonally changing oysters at a time. Pastas are Roman mainstays like cacio e pepe, or rigatoni all’amatriciana, which is made with Niman Ranch guanciale. Entrees are unfussy, straightforward, and well-executed: roast chicken with fingerling potatoes, an herb-infused pan-seared trout wrapped in speck and served over chicory, or a hanger steak accompanied by mashed potatoes. A handful of dessert offerings change daily.Recommended Dishes
Rigatoni all’Amatriciana, $15; cariofi a la Romana (Roman-style artichokes), $13; pan-seared rainbow trout, $25.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu