Open 7 days a week for private dining only
Nearby Subway Stops
F at East Broadway; N, R at 8th St.-NYU
10 person minimum
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
Open for private events only.
Brown Café has downsized its menu and hours to exclude dinner, and that's okay; it's really more of a snack-and-go place. Grab a log bench at one of the half-dozen wooden tables in the thimble-size space to sip a cup of Intelligentsia coffee or homemade lemonade, but don't linger — the waiting hipster couples and uncomfortably tight seating discourage that. Instead, quickly pick over some prosciutto, tomato, bread, and herbed cream cheese served on a wooden platter, or, for those getting over a hangover or in need of a protein boost, a skillet filled with a combination of baked eggs, cheese, and chorizo. There are cold sandwiches, a revolving roster of special entrées, and a pretty pedestrian macaroni and cheese that pits overcooked penne against bland goat cheese.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’