Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This casual Italian restaurant turned gourmet grocery store garners neighborhood-favorite status even in ultra-Italian Carroll Gardens. The daily updated menu brings homey Italian-American favorites to life with contemporary twists. Crostini with housemade goat's milk ricotta, roasted pear, and walnuts is designed to be shared, but you'd be forgiven for not wanting to. The spaghetti, the only pasta not made in-house at the restaurant's pasta bar, arrives with meatballs infused with an irresistible lavender and lemon zest. However, the standout dish is the tagliatelle with perfectly crispy Brussels sprouts and housemade creamy burrata. After dinner, if you can endure the backless stools at the communal tables for just a little longer, don't leave without trying a piece of ricotta cheesecake with apricot marmalade, if it's available.Catering
In addition to an offering of gourmet groceries for sale, you can drop off a pan in the morning and be rewarded with your choice of lasagna or meatballs to take home that evening.
Brucie takes reservations for parties of six or more.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu