Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 86th St.; 6 at 96th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
79th St. to 100th St., East End Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
In a neighborhood of dive bars and aging Italian eateries, this spotless Korean joint stands out. Inside, slate floors and stark, chocolate walls cradle a few mostly empty tables and delivery boys shuffle in and out. While the fluorescent glare isn't flattering to the food (and may explain why delivery is big here), the menu does merit some attention. Dumplings are atypical—stuffed with potato wasabi or barbecued beef, they're fried to a crisp. The house Kimchee is chunky and delivers a refreshing kick of heat. All of this makes BBeeQ’s incarnation of the Korean specialty bibimbap somewhat of a disappointment. Called K Rice, it's missing the hot stone bowl and the raw egg. That said, it still has a clean taste worthy of a quick nosh.Recommended Dishes
K Roll, $8; kimchee, $1.75; K rice, $10.50-$14.50
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’