- READER REVIEWS
Bun & Co. Sandwich Bar & Grill
This venue is closed.
Ratha Chaupoly reopens his former Kampuchea space as Bun & Co., a “sandwich bar and grill” inspired by his 5-year-old son Tristan. “Every time my son and I have lunch or a light snack, we’re always using hot dog buns. We put pretty much everything in there— meatballs, hot dogs, shrimp rolls … ” So he’s had the guys from Parisi Bakery create hot-dog buns that contain a hint of honey and sugar, and here he’ll stuff them with not only the aforementioned ingredients, but also liver and tongue, fried scrod, ginger-barbecue pulled pork, and more. Customers will have their choice of toppings, all made in-house: cole slaw, sauerkraut, rum bacon and chives, and seasonal relishes made from eggplant, cucumber, or bell peppers. “I’m all about toppings,” Chaupoly says. “What makes most sandwiches extra better is putting extra things on it.”
The buns are priced between $4 and $7.25, so if you’re hungry you’ll probably want to grab two of them, or go for a daily special (baby-back ribs, salmon, and baby fried rice, etc.).
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu