Burger & Barrel Wine Pub
Mon-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri, 11am-midnight; Sat, 10am-midnight; Sun, 10am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at Prince St.; 6 at Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Broome St. to Washington Pl., Mott St. to Macdougal St.
- Order Delivery with delivery.com
Chef Josh Capon took on the creatures of the sea at Lure Fishbar, now at Burger & Barrel, he attempts to win over landlubbers with chops and fried chicken. There is, of course, a much-anticipated burger, yet even with Pat LaFreida ground beef and a dollop of bacon jam, this soggy-bunned, ill-seasoned specimen somehow turns out to be a dud. Instead of investing in oft-disappointing main dishes, find some space in the buzzing bar area or claim a green leather booth in the dark, moody dining room and order some smaller items to share—crispy fish tacos, meatballs with ricotta, and rosemary tater-tots are some of the snack candidates. To lubricate the festivities, ask to have carafes of local wine from Gotham Project or Donkey and Goat pulled from a wooden barrel.Sardi’s Style?
Instead of glossy headshots, high profile vinophiles (who’d never drink out of a keg) might find themselves asked to sign their empty bottle for display on the ledges that line the restaurant. Look for a $150, 2006 Bordeaux from Chateau Lascombes bearing Heidi Klum and Seal’s autographs.Recommended Dishes
B&B chopped salad, $13; tater tots, $6
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture