Nearby Subway Stops
R at Whitehall St.-South Ferry
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
It’s a well-established fact that as the economy sputters, comfort food soars. Which is why the opening of Burger Shoppe early into 2008 couldn’t be better timed. Glum Wall Streeters can now take solace in $4 burgers, two-for-$5 hot dogs, and buttermilk-batter onion rings. A two-in-one burger concept, the Shoppe’s ground floor is done up like an old soda fountain, with twelve stools and a Formica counter. The second floor is more P.J. Clarke’s than Peach Pit, with its vintage bar and trendy bar menu (bone marrow on toast!). This being the financial district, there are big deals: The 100-burger “party monster” requires only one hour’s notice and goes for $365. Now that’s a stimulus package.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations