Caesar's Palace Pizza
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 86th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Kids' Menu
- Beer and Wine Only
67th St. to 96th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
This unassuming spot offers a plain slice that’s a cut above the usual. Visually, the place is discordant. There’s a brick wall festooned with Yankee photos and memorabilia, as well as a Norman Rockwell poster; it’s opposite a bright salmon-painted wall with pine wainscoting that’s decorated with ancient Minoan deities, including a bare-breasted snake goddess from Knossos. To its credit, slices here are simple and nuanced—thin, crisp crust is layered with complex tomato sauce redolent of oregano and sealed with a restrained amount of sweet mozzarella cheese. The menu also has numerous pasta dishes that, unfortunately, are overcooked; the lasagna is downright soupy.Recommended Dishes
Plain slice, $3
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More