The Cafe at Country
Mon-Sat, 6:30am-11pm; Sun, 6:30am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Notable Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
What becomes a boutique hotel most? A David Rockwell design, yes. A European-style spa, surely. But the biggest draw, for scene-hungry tourists and locals alike, is the stylish chef-driven restaurant. The Carlton, which has operated as a hotel for more than a century, gets an "It" kitchen of its own in Country, chef-owner Geoffrey Zakarian's boutique bookend to Town at the Chambers hotel. Rockwell burnished the grand Beaux Arts premises, which include a bar and lounge, a formal dining room that serves what they call modern European-American fare, and a 90-seat café.Brunch
Sat.–Sun., 10:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up