Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Delivery after 10pm
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
With funky local art displays and exposed brick, this neighborhood café doesn’t immediately give off the vibe of an Italian eatery. But East Village locals who squeeze into the restaurant’s closely aligned tables know it’s a solid spot for comforting penne alla vodka, shareable pizzas, and filling panini. With a wide selection of vinos priced at under $35 a bottle, it’s not unusual to find couples camped out in a candle-lit spot, lingering over their linguine. The kitchen can be a bit uneven—pollo ai funghi arrives overcooked; penne de la casa, cooked al dente and loaded with tasty slices of zucchini and eggplant is a better option. Come weekend brunch, winning pancakes have a loyal following.Note
Reservations are only accepted for parties of six or more.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu