Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Delivery after 10pm
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
With funky local art displays and exposed brick, this neighborhood café doesn’t immediately give off the vibe of an Italian eatery. But East Village locals who squeeze into the restaurant’s closely aligned tables know it’s a solid spot for comforting penne alla vodka, shareable pizzas, and filling panini. With a wide selection of vinos priced at under $35 a bottle, it’s not unusual to find couples camped out in a candle-lit spot, lingering over their linguine. The kitchen can be a bit uneven—pollo ai funghi arrives overcooked; penne de la casa, cooked al dente and loaded with tasty slices of zucchini and eggplant is a better option. Come weekend brunch, winning pancakes have a loyal following.Note
Reservations are only accepted for parties of six or more.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s