Café con Leche
Nearby Subway Stops
B, C at 96th St.; 1, 2, 3 at 96th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Meat, in myriad spicy forms, is what Café con Leche does best. We recommend the ground-beef empanadas, chuletas con mojo (pork chops with garlic sauce), and ropa vieja (Cuban-style shredded beef). Less-carnivorous eaters will like the camerones en mango (shrimp with mango sauce) or arroz con pollo (chicken and rice). If you're not on the wagon, order the delicious rum cake.Extra
Free empanada with a delivery over $15.
The kids love the fried plantains and the waitresses love the kids. Paella for two is enough to feed one adult and two kids, and it’s saffron-free, so even finicky kids will actually eat it.
Empanadas,$4.95; chuletos con mojo, $12.95; ropa vieja, $11.95; camerones en mango, $13.95; arroz con pollo, $11.95; rum cake, $4.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu