Café de Bruxelles
This venue is closed.
Closed for renovations.
Fantastic French fries—some say the best in the city—and an impressive selection of tasty Belgian beers are reason enough for a trip to this triangular West Village nook. You can snag a stool at the swooping zinc bar and indulge in just those pleasures. Or take a table next to one of the windows, all fetchingly hung with crocheted lace, and tuck in to some hearty Northern European cooking: Mussels, served with any of a dozen sauces (and fries, bien sur), are the favorite choice here, but an array of stews, sausages, and pork chops are also on offer.Brunch
Sat.–Sun., noon–3:30 p.m.Recommended Dishes
Moules (mussels), $17.95; waterzooi de poulet (creamy chicken stew), $20.75
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages