Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at Prince St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Great Desserts
- Notable Chef
- Design Standout
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Café Kristall is a tiny restaurant snuggled into the back room of the Swarovski Crystalized store. True to its surroundings, the space is shiny and sparkly: Shadowboxes along the wall house flowers and sprinklings of crystals. Two- and four-tops are arranged with reasonable space for shopping bags between them. Settle into one of the over-large chairs and relax with starters like a pretty beet-and-goat-cheese terrine or luscious octopus carpaccio. Among the heartier mains are some Austrian options from chef Kurt Gutenbrunner, including wiener schnitzel and spaetzle and quark-cheese ravioli. For something daintier, there’s a beautifully moist square of salmon set atop puréed spinach and dressed with shiny Riesling foam. If you’re not up to a whole meal, consider popping in for espresso and dessert. The mozartkugel is a densely decadent sphere of chocolate mousse under a halo of white-chocolate streusel, while a plate of macarons in rotating flavors satisfy the sweetest sweet tooth.Recommended Dishes
Octopus carpaccio, $11; red beet terrine, $10; quark cheese ravioli, $15; Scottish salmon, $22; wiener schnitzel, $25); Mozartkugel, $6.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu