Mon-Thu, 8am-2am; Fri, 8am-4am; Sat, 9am-4am; Sun, 9am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 86th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Brunch - Weekend
- Classic NY
- Great Desserts
- Late-Night Dining
- Live Music
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
78th St. to 88th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
It’s a toss up whether this popular Upper West Side dessert spot is best known for its cameo in You’ve Got Mail or for the more than 100 cakes, pies and tarts that overwhelm its sweet selection. From the outside in, the mood at Cafe Lalo is decidedly pseudo-European. Light-strewn trees announce its presence on a brownstone-lined block and fin de siècle posters brighten the interior, though Central Perk-style oversized mugs and a track of throbbing house music give this meeting spot a decidedly youthful spin. A perfect place for teenage girls to share an illicit slice of cheesecake (there are 29 flavors), the crowd here at any given time is a lopsided mix of young and old. A limited menu of salads and sandwiches, daily brunch, plus some kosher selections add variety to the sugary repertoire.Brunch
Daily until 4 p.m.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu