Village Bistro East
This venue is closed.
The East Village location of Le Gamin became Village Bistro East. If you were a fan of Le Gamin, don’t worry: Joe Mangi, who bought this location of Le Gamin two years ago, is still the owner. He’s also keeping its old cook, as well as much of its breakfast and lunch items. But to freshen up the dinner menu in the hopes of gaining more business, he enlisted the chef from his Westchester French-American Bistro, Felipe Milanes, to add some dishes from the Mt. Kisco restaurant. The plates are a bit smaller than Le Gamin’s in order to be more affordable (steak-frites is the most expensive thing on the menu at $12.95). You can also stop in for just a glass of wine at a new bar that seats five.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument