Village Bistro East
This venue is closed.
The East Village location of Le Gamin became Village Bistro East. If you were a fan of Le Gamin, don’t worry: Joe Mangi, who bought this location of Le Gamin two years ago, is still the owner. He’s also keeping its old cook, as well as much of its breakfast and lunch items. But to freshen up the dinner menu in the hopes of gaining more business, he enlisted the chef from his Westchester French-American Bistro, Felipe Milanes, to add some dishes from the Mt. Kisco restaurant. The plates are a bit smaller than Le Gamin’s in order to be more affordable (steak-frites is the most expensive thing on the menu at $12.95). You can also stop in for just a glass of wine at a new bar that seats five.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu