Mon and Wed, 9am-6pm; Thu-Sun, 9am-9pm; Tue, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 86th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Live Music
- Notable Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Tea Time
- Beer and Wine Only
It’s easy to forget, in this era of plastic cups and lattes to go, that coffee is a luxurious, old-world drink. A single cup at this high-minded Viennese café on upper Fifth Avenue costs $6 and comes to the table on a silver tray. There are excellent Viennese specialties like sausages, goulash, and a whole selection of strudels and chocolate tortes, but the coffee’s stimulating effects will stay with you throughout the day.Extra
The artistic sensibility permeates the café, with its reproductions of Josef Hoffmann sconces, Adolf Loos bentwood chairs, and Otto Wagner fabrics.
Reservations are only accepted during dinner hours, Thu.—Sun., 6 p.m.—8 p.m.
Hungarian beef goulash, $29; sacher torte, $9; apple strudel, $9
Best of New York Awards
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus