- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
Christopher St. to 14th St.; 4th St. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
You don’t need to be an Anglophile to love this cozy West Village café, with its rustic woodtables and plenty of room between them, but it helps. The kitchen lays claim to “cross-channel cooking,” a sort of Pan-European fusion, but what it really does is celebrate the best of—don’t laugh—British food. Rib-sticking fare like Guinness-braised beef brisket, a lavishly rich, potato-and-cheese-crustedcottage pie, and superior fish and chips go down easy with a pint of beer ferried in from the myriad taps of the adjacent Irish pub.Extra
Brunch: Sun, 10am-3pm; $12.95 prix-fixe
Prix-Fixe Menu: Tue-Sat, 4pm-6:30pm; two courses, $10.11
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu