- READER REVIEWS
Take the S78 or S79 bus to Buel Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Although the menu isn’t weakened by the all-over-the-boot approach typical to many Italian restaurants, Caffe Bondi’s forays into cucina Siciliana only occasionally succeed. Dishes like pasta con sarde or triangular slices of panelli (a polenta-ish dough made with chickpea flour, lightly fried) topped with fresh ricotta and vibrant red marinara represent Sicily well, but gnocchi, said to be made fresh daily, prove an oversize, gluey mess. The straw colored walls of the roomy, warmly lit dining room are proudly hung with two broad, framed embroidered tapestries sewn by chef and owner Salvatore Anzalone’s Sicilian grandma. You only wish the kitchen were so assured.Recommended Dishes
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu