Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at Prince St.; 6 at Spring St.
- Brunch - Daily
- Dine at the Bar
- Great Desserts
- Notable Chef
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Former Le Cirque pastry chef Iacopo Falai—also behind Falai Panetteria—continues on his savory streak with this Italian café that highlights fresh-baked breads. The teeny space preserves the chef’s sleek style: all-white walls and tables, a glossy tiled floor, and a row of sparkling chandeliers divide the dining area from the bustling open kitchen. With little room to maneuver, cooks press panini made with signature foccacia and bake egg cocottes throughout the day. Assembled antipasti from mozzarella-and-tomato salad to baby octopus tossed with white beans supplement the evening menu, along with simple homemade pastas like pumpkin pappardelle with wild boar rago. For dessert, renditions of fluffy tiramisu and flourless dark chocolate cake are classically stellar, and Falai’s own creation, the Spring Dome, balances a light, nutty pistachio cake with creamy layers of citrus and raspberry filling.
Recipes at Caffe Falai
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery