Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
West Village gays and hip, hetero twentysomethings pack this cozy Italian eatery. The menu is ambitiously diverse, but rarely surpasses your standard Olive Garden fare in either the style or selection of its offerings. Salmon carpaccio, for example, could have been pieced together with ingredients (dry salmon, unoriginal greens) purchased at the local bodega; fettuccine Bolognese was remarkable only for the sheer quantity of pasta resting atop the plate. Still, the prices are affordable and the atmosphere is calming and seductive, with Hotel Costes-type tunes hitting just the right notes in the background. Inside, the seats are somewhat uncomfortable and rickety, so be sure to request a table in the outdoor garden during warmer months. A good place to take a date you’re not trying too hard to impress.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu