California Pizza Deli Falafel
This venue is closed.
The name here makes a lot of promises. Pizza? Deli? Falafel? Check. California? Not quite. With only a handful of tables and very little space between them, this sunny yellow space takes a cramped New York approach to the multiculti-street-food experience. Despite a mirrored back wall that makes the place look considerably more spacious at first glance, this is prime, high-rent real estate. Take a seat at a sidewalk table and you’ll find yourself staring at a nearby Jamba Juice as you nosh on your burger or your basic green salad. It isn’t quite L.A., but did you really want to leave New York City for lunch?
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu