Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
10th St. to 22nd St., Third Ave. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Candela’s abundant seating, moderate prices and something-for-everyone “modern American” menu make it a good last-minute date choice. And then there are, of course, the candles—loads of them, some suspended on iron chandeliers. Try getting a spot up front if you’d prefer a cozier feel; the cavernous, darker back room can get noisy. Menu basics like rib-eye steak are complemented by a number of Asian-accented dishes and a small sushi menu. And if you don’t mind eating on an octogenarian’s schedule, the pre-theater dinner is a good deal.Pre-Theater Menu
Daily, 5:30pm-6:30pm; three courses, $19.99
Sun, 11:30am-4pm; $14.95; all you can drink, $18.95
Daily, 5pm-7pm; two-for-one drinks; $5 martinis, cosmopolitans and margaritas; $3 draft beers
Asian barbecued pork chop, $18; spicy chicken dumplings, $7
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu