Mon-Sat, 11:30am-10:30pm; Sun, 11:30am-9:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 77th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Beer and Wine Only
50th St. to 99th St., East End Ave. to Fifth Ave.
They haven't invented the health-food restaurant that can truly satisfy an animal-fat-loving carnivore, but Candle Café (formerly the Healthy Candle) does as good a job as one can expect. Defying the stereotype of bland, leaden health food, Candle Café's macrobiotic vegetarian dishes are full-flavored and elegant, with interesting textures, and made from first-rate ingredients. It's the ideal place for vegans and carnivores to meet. For an hour or two, you won't miss regular food.Note
Reservations accepted only for parties of 3 to 8.Recommended Dishes
Quesadilla, $11; tofu club, $15
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s