Mon-Sat, 11:30am-10:30pm; Sun, 11:30am-9:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 77th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Beer and Wine Only
50th St. to 99th St., East End Ave. to Fifth Ave.
They haven't invented the health-food restaurant that can truly satisfy an animal-fat-loving carnivore, but Candle Café (formerly the Healthy Candle) does as good a job as one can expect. Defying the stereotype of bland, leaden health food, Candle Café's macrobiotic vegetarian dishes are full-flavored and elegant, with interesting textures, and made from first-rate ingredients. It's the ideal place for vegans and carnivores to meet. For an hour or two, you won't miss regular food.Note
Reservations accepted only for parties of 3 to 8.Recommended Dishes
Quesadilla, $11; tofu club, $15
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers