- READER REVIEWS
Private functions only
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D at Grand St.; J, Z at Bowery
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue now hosts private events only.
Garish opulence haunts this Stanford White-designed Beaux Arts national landmark that housed the former Bowery Savings Bank. Featuring a ballroom with 65-foot ceiling supported by marble Corinthian columns, Capitale is outrageously over the top, with its billowing curtains and ferns-in-urns décor, particularly in these economic times. Private functions only. A monstrosity of excess redolent of the go-go 1980’s and truly the height of metropolitan vulgarity.Weddings
Designed by Stanford White in 1893, the original Bowery Savings Bank embodies all the grandeur of Romanesque revival, with 65-foot ceilings, Corinthian columns, and marble mosaic floors. The sleek, dramatic space can hold 700 guests for dinner or 1,500 for cocktails in the 15,000-square-foot ballroom. Prices upon request.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’