Caracas Arepa Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Hot Spot
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Delancey St. to 14th St., Ave. D to Broadway
The arepa, in case you didn't know, is not quite a snack, but then it's not quite a meal either. It's a Venezuelan corn muffin, crisp on the outside and steamy-soft in the middle, stuffed with exotic fillings like mashed chicken and avocado, perhaps, or sweet plantains and cheese, or shredded beef and shavings of Cheddar. At Caracas Arepa Bar, they're even given regal names like Reina Pepiada (chicken and avocado) and La Pelua (beef and Cheddar). They come in twelve varieties and are served in plastic baskets, like burgers, only instead of ketchup and fries, you get to enjoy them with bowls of nata (sour cream) and fried plantains.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s