- READER REVIEWS
Caracas Arepa Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.; G, L at Metropolitan Ave.-Lorimer St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Daily
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Division Ave. to Meserole Ave., Kent Ave. to Graham Ave.
The arepa, in case you didn't know, is not quite a snack, but then it's not quite a meal either. It's a Venezuelan corn muffin, crisp on the outside and steamy-soft in the middle, stuffed with exotic fillings like mashed chicken and avocado, perhaps, or sweet plantains and cheese, or shredded beef and shavings of Cheddar. At Caracas Arepa Bar, they're even given regal names like Reina Pepiada (chicken and avocado) and La Pelua (beef and Cheddar). They come in fourteen varieties and are served in plastic baskets, like burgers, only instead of ketchup and fries, you get to enjoy them with bowls of nata (sour cream) and fried plantains.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu