Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
28th St. to 42nd St., First Ave. to Park Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The succulent cheese steak at this takeout mini-chain is the result of the owner's almost Ken-Burnsian study of the famous Philadelphia sandwich and as authentic as it gets in this town, oozing with the unholy trinity of chopped meat, Cheez Whiz, and onions, all barely contained by a grease-thirsty roll. Then there's the spot-on ambience: the egalitarian crowd of suits and drunkards from nearby pubs; the television blaring; a 4 a.m. closing time on weekends; and a supremely greasy stench that will permeate your clothes in the time it takes to say "cheese wit."Recommended Dishes
Philly cheese steak, $6.75
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu