Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q, R at 57th St.-Seventh Ave.; B, D, E at Seventh Ave.
- Classic NY
- Late-Night Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Teen Appeal
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
Since it first opened in 1937, this deli-cum-schmaltz-fest has become a tourist’s answer to the “authentic” New York experience. Order from a menu big enough to line a birdcage and munch on complimentary half- and full-sour pickles while the likes of Mario Van Peebles and Vicki Laurence smile at you from the headshot bedecked walls. The corned beef and pastrami—staples at any self-respecting deli—rest on some pretty old laurels (New York magazine named them best in the city…in 1975!), but they’ve still got legs. But beware...the portions match the prices at this vulgarian delight, which has the audacity to charge $24.95 for a Ruben sandwich—albeit, a Ruben sandwich with about a pound of corned beef and Swiss cheese combined.Note
Delivery is free only within a five-block radius.
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears