- READER REVIEWS
Carroll Gardens Classic Diner
Daily, 24 hours
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
$11.95 - $21.95
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Late-Night Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Lorraine St. to John St., Third Ave. to Columbia St.
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
This relatively new addition to the hood (it opened in 2005) serves breakfast 24 hours a day. Beyond fluffy omelets, menu options range from salads to seafood—but standard fare is the way to go here. Multiple burgers are on offer, as well as the turkey club sandwich, a great (and substantial) choice, served with fresh, crunchy cole slaw and a snappy pickle. As one would expect, the best part of the international section is Greek food representing the heritage of the owner, Spero Katehis. Chicken souvlaki is flavorfully charred, served with a creamy cucumber-dill tzatziki sauce, and accompanied by a Greek salad big enough to be an entrée. There are some unfortunate missteps, however: woefully underseasoned French fries and milkshakes so sweet you can't taste the ice cream beneath the syrup. The take-out and delivery business is brisk, so there are usually plenty of booths available.
Turkey club sandwich, $12.95; chicken souvlaki platter, $15.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu