Carve Unique Sandwiches & Pizza
Daily, 24 hours
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.; 1 at 50th St.; N, Q, R at 49th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
34th St. to 57th St., Fifth Ave. to 11th Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
What distinguishes this Theater District takeout shop from your typical Boar's Head deli is its menu of carved-to-order meats like rotisserie turkey and Virginia ham, and quirky combinations like the "steak house": herb-roasted beef with iceberg lettuce, tomato, crisp onions, crunchy hash browns, and blue-cheese dressing on ciabatta. Our favorite, though, is the super-crispy fried chicken with grilled-corn slaw and barbecue sauce on a crusty Tom Cat baguette. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner come on a bun and there’s also a selection of pizzas, but a good portion of the menu (including soups, salads, and sandwich fillings wrapped in lettuce) bows down to the cult of the low-carb.Recommended Dishes
Fourth of July picnic (fried chicken sandwich), $8.50
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?