Catch de Fish
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Full Bar
10th St. to 20th St., First Ave. to Broadway
This venue is closed.
You don’t have to catch the fish yourself at this sleek Thai eatery with mod white banquettes, black brick walls, and a long list of seafood (and several meat) options paired with your pick of 10 sauces. There’s buttery Chilean sea bass and thick swordfish steak, and sauces range from sweet and spicy tamarind chili glaze to grilled jalapeno. If you’d rather let the kitchen take the reigns, look to chef’s specialties like tasty chicken satay or honey-glazed baby back ribs, served on a whipped mound of taro root puree. While duck and steak make an appearance on the do-it-yourself menu, the kitchen’s focus is clearly on seafood. With ample use of Thai chilies and spice on most dishes, you’ll likely crave a beer with your meal; luckily you can choose from the restaurant's list of beer, wine and cocktails or bring in a bottle of your own.Recommended Dishes
Swordfish with avocado and orange salad, $23
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu