Nearby Subway Stops
6, J, N, Q, R, Z to Canal St.; A, C, E at Canal St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Full Bar
Canal St. to Houston St., Mulberry St. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Chef-owner Romy Dorotan claims to be entirely self-taught, but it's hard to believe given the high professional caliber of this kitchen. He also claims the menu reflects the dishes of his childhood, another statement you'll find suspect if you've ever traveled in Southeast Asia. Dorotan and his wife, Amy Besa, hail from the Philippines, but the menu here is more nouveau Pan-Asian than traditionally Philippine. One of the best meals here, though, is the Philippine brunch, where the selection is fascinating and nearly overwhelming.Recommended Dishes
Squash soup with crab dumplings, $10; chicken adobo (braised in sherry vinegar, bay leaves, garlic & chilies), $19.50; Romy's spareribs with mashed taro & sweet potatoes, $20.50; black rice paella, $20.50
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More