Sun-Thu, noon-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
4th Pl. to Livington St., Fifth Ave. to Columbia St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Chance is easily the glitziest restaurant on Brooklyn’s understated Smith Street. The plate-glass windows are tinted, the stainless-steel bar fronts a “bubble wall,” and the host wears his French cuffs and slouchy suit with a certain panache. The menu, though, which bills itself as French-Chinese fusion, is a work-in-progress: The kitchen turns out straightforward Chinese fare like Peking duck along with dishes like rack of lamb with a “shallot sauce à la Pierre Gagnaire.”Prix-Fixe Menu
Daily, 4 p.m.–11 p.m.; three-course dinner, $18-$28
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl