- READER REVIEWS
Charles' Southern Style Kitchen
This venue is closed.
Charles Gabriel, Harlem’s reigning fried-chicken maestro, makes his second move “downtown,” when he and his Rack & Soul partner, Michael Eberstadt, transform a corner of Eberstadt’s Slice of Harlem into a satellite branch of Charles’ Southern Style Kitchen. Gabriel shares the pizzeria’s seating and kitchen, but service will be buffet style, as at his original 151st Street outpost. Staples like oxtails, ribs, and that fried chicken will be available daily, but priced by the pound instead of his all-you-can-eat uptown format. “There’s only about twenty seats,” says Gabriel. “If I do all-you-can-eat, it would take too long to turn tables.”Note
Cash only for orders less than $7.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu