Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; N, R at 8th St.-NYU
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
The old St. Marks Pizza has been transformed into what might be New York's sleekest falafel joint, a posh pita parlor with copper counters, Moroccan star-light fixtures—even a lounge. The menu, though, hews to tradition with its focus on falafel, shawarma, and their illegitimate offspring, shawafel, all served on puffy house-baked pitas. Opting to have your shawarma on a baguette is about as fancy as it gets.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?