- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
B, Q at Sheepshead Bay
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
Emmons Ave. to Ave. R, Knapp St. to W. 5th St.
This venue is closed.
For one bay front stretch of South Brooklyn, China Max is the classic, dependable Chinese takeout place. The menu covers all the usual suspects: pan fried noodles are crispy and soggy in all the right places; copious amounts of both chicken and broccoli swim in a delicate garlic sauce; pepper steak is tender and robust; and scallion pancakes are light and greasy, with just the right proportion of green stuff. The somewhat surprising Japanese offerings also produce some hits, with maki rolls that burst at the seams. This eatery has space, too: With outdoor seating, booths, and large tables for groups—all served by a speedy waitstaff—locals and passersby often have their takeout to stay.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu