- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 2:30pm-11pm; Sat-Sun, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Full Bar
Friends of mine who have a taste for that durable, increasingly popular subset of the global Chinese canon called Indo-Chinese cuisine are flocking to Stacey Lo and Salil Mehta’s Williamsburg restaurant, The Chinese Club, to sample weirdly delicious fusion combinations like spicy Calcutta chicken tossed with sambal, scallions, and celery, and an old Hakka-Chinatown version of saag paneer, made dry with bell peppers and discs of green chile instead of the usual threads of wet, invariably overcooked spinach, which might actually taste better than the real thing.
Bang bang chicken salad, $6.95; Pecking sauce BBQ ribs, $9.95; Calcutta chili garlic noodles, $8.95; Tandoori kung bao chicken, $9.95
Related StoriesFeatured In
Adam Platt's Where to Eat 2017 (12/26/16)
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu