Cho Dang Gol
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M, N, Q, R at 34th St.-Herald Sq.; 1, 2, 3 at 34th St.-Penn Station
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
30th St. to 40th St., Madison Ave. to Eighth Ave.
There are a seemingly infinite number of restaurants in Manhattan's Little Korea—the neighborhood in the shadow of the Empire State Building—but few stand out. At Cho Dang Gol, though the restaurant doesn't look like much, there's one incontrovertibly compelling feature: fresh tofu, handmade daily on the premises. If you've always wondered why tofu, which typically tastes like a kitchen sponge, is such a mainstay of the Asian diet, here's your silky, buttery answer.Extra
The primary mode of communication with the mostly non-English-speaking waitstaff here is gesticulation, which works well enough.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight