Cho Dang Gol
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M, N, Q, R at 34th St.-Herald Sq.; 1, 2, 3 at 34th St.-Penn Station
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
30th St. to 40th St., Madison Ave. to Eighth Ave.
There are a seemingly infinite number of restaurants in Manhattan's Little Korea—the neighborhood in the shadow of the Empire State Building—but few stand out. At Cho Dang Gol, though the restaurant doesn't look like much, there's one incontrovertibly compelling feature: fresh tofu, handmade daily on the premises. If you've always wondered why tofu, which typically tastes like a kitchen sponge, is such a mainstay of the Asian diet, here's your silky, buttery answer.Extra
The primary mode of communication with the mostly non-English-speaking waitstaff here is gesticulation, which works well enough.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’