Cipriani Le Specialita
Mon-Fri, 7am-6pm; Sat-Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
36th St. to 48th St., Second Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
To that age-old question “Where can I get a good, cheap takeout lunch in midtown?” here’s a surprising answer: a sunny, three-table café run by those high-livin’, Bellini-swillin’ Cipriani boys. Check out the cakes and pastries, but the kitchen really excels with a terrific variety of Italian sandwiches and daily pasta specials like gnocchi alla romana: five toothsome dumplings shaped like large scallops in a subtle tomato sauce. Consistently great espresso, too.
Best of New York Awards
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s