Cipriani Le Specialita
Mon-Fri, 7am-6pm; Sat-Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
36th St. to 48th St., Second Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
To that age-old question “Where can I get a good, cheap takeout lunch in midtown?” here’s a surprising answer: a sunny, three-table café run by those high-livin’, Bellini-swillin’ Cipriani boys. Check out the cakes and pastries, but the kitchen really excels with a terrific variety of Italian sandwiches and daily pasta specials like gnocchi alla romana: five toothsome dumplings shaped like large scallops in a subtle tomato sauce. Consistently great espresso, too.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu