Cipriani Le Specialita
Mon-Fri, 7am-6pm; Sat-Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
36th St. to 48th St., Second Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
To that age-old question “Where can I get a good, cheap takeout lunch in midtown?” here’s a surprising answer: a sunny, three-table café run by those high-livin’, Bellini-swillin’ Cipriani boys. Check out the cakes and pastries, but the kitchen really excels with a terrific variety of Italian sandwiches and daily pasta specials like gnocchi alla romana: five toothsome dumplings shaped like large scallops in a subtle tomato sauce. Consistently great espresso, too.
Best of New York Awards
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White