Nearby Subway Stops
D, F, N, Q at Coney Island-Stillwell Ave.
This venue is closed.
A few blocks off the beaten path of tourists and day-trippers, Classic
Heros' greatness is revealed by the crowd of cops always hanging around
during mealtimes. Its signature creation, the Sea Gate Special, is a
true showstopper: a fresh Italian loaf loaded up with house-made
brisket doused in gravy, a pile of caramelized onions, and a healthy
serving of fresh mozzarella. It all gets a run under the broiler and
comes out a gooey, meaty torpedo of sandwich perfection.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu