Mon-Fri, 7:30am-9pm; Sat-Sun, 9am-9pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- No Alcohol
38th St. to 52nd St., First Ave. to Madison Ave.
This retro-fit diner harkens back to an era when chrome siding and home cooking was the norm. Outfitted with wooden wall panels, black-and-white photos, and traditional booths, it looks the part of a vintage diner, and so does its menu, which is heavy on old favorites like mac 'n cheese, meatloaf, and tuna melts. While the burger offerings are not as robust as at some diners, the Imagination Burger more than makes up for it on its own: This caloric overload comes laden with bacon, mushrooms, grilled onions, avocado, cheddar, provolone, Swiss, mozzarella, and bleu cheese. And though sweet potato fries or crab cakes aren't necessarily diner staples, healthy choices like a wrap or a low-carb salad might be a good idea if you're looking to save room for one of their buzzed-about, old-fashioned milkshakes. The midtown location doesn't serve alcohol, but the newer Lower East Side branch has a full bar, so customers can have a drink with dinner—or a little hair of the dog with breakfast.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 9 a.m.—4 p.m.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus