This venue is closed.
Congee gets high marks for effort, with trompe l'oeil stained-glass windows, hanging grapes, and crockery art that could be homage to Schnabel. The namesake rice soup, usually a breakfast porridge, comes in flavors like a fabulously sweet, almost gelatinous duck-and-meatballs. Lemon slices add tang to a splendid stir-fry of salt-baked squid, and crisp chicken arrives under a flurry of scallion and garlic crackles.Recommended Dishes
Duck-and-meatball congee, $3.95; chicken with scallion and garlic, $11
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu