Corner Shop Cafe
Nearby Subway Stops
N, R at 8th St.-NYU; 6 at Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Canal St. to 14th St., Bowery to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Camped at the crossroads of shopper-tourist central, the literally named Corner Shop is the sort of place every neighborhood would be lucky to have. The staff is so friendly, the food so thoughtfully composed and prepared, and the prices so fair that you cannot but feel at ease here. Lofty, pressed-tin ceilings, an exposed brick wall, and unclothed tables underscore the fact that this is a casual, chit-chatty place. The menu is divided into small plates and omelets, salads, panini, and mains. The spinach salad, a lovely composition of colors, textures, and flavors, includes spinach, orange, red onion, avocado, tomato, and crispy rice noodles. The result is sweet and tart, crunchy and sharp, creamy and crunchy. Panini offerings include one very good Cuban sandwich, meaty and cheesy with the vinegary crunch of good gerkins. The entrée list is heavy on the classics, with fare like grass-fed burgers and roasted free-range chicken.Recommended Dishes
Spinach salad, $13
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu